Virtual call centres agents work as independent agents to provide telephone, chat, customer care, or tech support services from home.
Companies either hire virtual call centre agents to provide customer service for their own company or hire them to provide virtual call centre support for others.
Virtual Call Agents Responsibilities
This profession usually requires the ability to do the following duties:
- Respond to emails or messages received via online chat.
- Engage in telemarketing activities
- Direct and refer customers to appropriate departments and channels.
- Maintain a well-stocked office.
- Must be able to conduct database entry.
- Ability to manage social media account efficiently.
- Schedule meetings, appointments and book travel arrangements.
Though this role is virtual, the agents still need a home office with all work tools like telephone and computer to carry out their tasks effectively and efficiently to meet the demands of their employer.
Education and Certicication
A maximum of a high school degree is necessary. An excellent experience in customer service is mandatory. A virtual certification can boost the chances of candidates seeking this role.
Skills and Competencies in a Virtual Call Center
Virtual call centre agents should have the following soft skills in addition to manage frequent customer-related issues:
- Communication skill is a significant element of the job, so you’ll need to be good at it. On the phone, agents must be calm, professional, and friendly, with clear speaking voices. They must also be able to reply to callers appropriately based on their tone of voice and the content of their messages.
- Patience: Callers are frequently frustrated or furious, and agents must work through the matter even if the other party is angry.
- Ability to solve problems: Not all issues are typical or expected. Agents must think quickly, assess the situation, and come up with the best answer possible.
- Organisation Skill: Virtual call centre agents must handle a lot of information and move from one type of call to another, and they must be ready to document for each call.
- Business Writing Skill: Formal writing skill is highly essential for someone in this position as it will help give proper documentation and report on each customer accurately.
Some firms need agents to work some weekend or nighttime shifts, while others do not. Similarly, some need a minimum time commitment, while others make no guarantees about available hours.
During the holidays and other busy shopping seasons, virtual call centre agents are in high demand.