The Video Editor Job Description template is easy to customize for your firm. The template is suitable for publishing on internet job boards or careers pages.
You can post your first job for free on
Detailed Video Editor Job Description Template
Video Editor duties include:
- Manipulating film and video footage to create a coherent and complete project.
- Using editing software to piece together footage, sound effects, dialog, and animation effects.
Hire an experienced Video Editor now!
Sign up for Assist to Hire’s free trial to post a job and hire talented employees.
We are looking to hire a talented and experienced Video Editor to join our busy production team.
As a lead video editor, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assembling recorded film and video footage.
- Applying artistic editing techniques
- Creating finished and broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the vision of the production director.
Video Editor Responsibilities
- Meeting with the director to determine production vision.
- Reviewing raw material to determine the shot list.
- Manipulating film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintaining continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
- Trimming footage and putting together the rough project.
- Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensuring the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consulting with the director and production team throughout the project.
- Creating the final cut for broadcasting.
Bachelor’s degree in film studies, cinematography, or related field.
Previous work experience as a video editor.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with editing software programs.
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.
- Creative and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects.
- Portfolio of completed film productions.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.
- Ability to translate ideas into complete projects.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Design like a Pro with Canva
Ways to answer interview questions
This Video Editor Job Description template is easy to customize for your firm. You can use the sample job description for your open roles.