The Private Tutor job description template is easy to customize for your firm. The template is suitable for publishing on internet job boards or careers pages.
A tutor’s responsibilities include preparing grades and subject-appropriate lessons.
The hired candidate will also ask students about upcoming assessments and provide parents with progress updates.
Furthermore, a good tutor will make students feel comfortable enough to share what they struggle with and find new ways to help students with their unique challenges.
To be a successful tutor, you must be punctual, friendly and approachable.
The private tutor job description template
Duties of a Private Tutor
- Arrange and plan individual tutoring sessions for your students.
- Provide tuition suited for each student’s needs and study level.
- Stay current on the school’s curriculum and subject-specific material.
- Attend all appointments on time.
- Identify any obstacles to kids’ academic advancement.
- Prepare students for exams or tests.
- Ensure that changes are made quickly to meeting hours if required.
- Maintain contact with parents to keep them informed about the student’s progress.
- Employ appropriate tutoring methods and materials
- Look for learning resources to utilize in class.
Key Requirement of a Private Tutor
- Previous experience in a similar role is an added advantage.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Punctuality and professionalism.
- Attention to detail.
- Result oriented.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Computer savvy.
- Ability to use different online software such as zoom, Google team.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- To be determined.
Method of Application
- State your email or website
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy: