The pharmacologist job description template is easy to customize for your firm. The template is suitable for publishing on internet job boards or careers pages.
You can post your first job for free on
A pharmacologist creates, finds, and analyzes medications to treat, prevent and cure diseases.
Other duties include testing gases, dust, food colourings and chemicals to see if they are dangerous.
Also, the pharmacologist will study and test drugs on biological specimens like animals, plants and humans.
Read further to get details on pharmacologist duties and responsibilities.
The detailed pharmacologist job description template
The company is looking to recruit a devoted, meticulous pharmacologist to generate chemical compounds and chemicals used as novel treatments.
The hired pharmacologist studies the impact of pharmaceuticals on organic life systems.
Furthermore, the potential candidate will examine the positive and detrimental effects of chemicals on specific body regions.
To be a successful pharmacologist, you must be competent at operating essential equipment needed for the job.
Duties of a Pharmacologist.
- Study the effects of new or modified drugs and keep track of the reactions that occur.
- Analyze chemicals and identify dangerous substances used in the environments.
- Examine the impact of medicines, chemicals, and other substances on humans, animals, and plants.
- Identify potential hazardous and beneficial side effects of drugs.
- Interpret large amounts of scientific data.
- Conduct studies using precise electronic tools and computers to investigate cultured cells, laboratory animals, plants and human tissue.
- Prescribe appropriate dosages and outline the procedures of administering the medications.
- Write detailed reports and present findings to senior management and peers in the field of science.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Work ethics.
- Flair for knowledge.
- Detail-orientated and commitment to work.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent data accuracy skills.
- Research skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze and understand medical data.
- Patient counselling.
- Adept in mathematics and science.
- Can operate medical equipment and other machines used for research.
- A medical or doctoral degree is required.
- The candidate should possess a state license and certification to administer drugs to humans.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
This Pharmacologist Job Description template is easy to customize for your firm. You can use the sample job description for your open roles.