The advancement of modern technology has drastically improved the way employees work. Completing projects has become easier with technology. People now conduct meetings through Zoom rather than have an in-person meeting. Employees can send instant emails to co-workers and customers instead of using the traditional mail system, which could take days to deliver.
These new developments in automation paved the way for remote jobs. Employees can conveniently connect with other colleagues and work from the comfort of their homes.
Besides, COVID-19 has resulted in most employers investing in automation to monitor remote staff performance, making remote work a desirable career today.
What is a Remote Job?
A remote job is one in which a person works outside of a traditional office setting. People in remote roles may usually execute the majority of their activities and projects with a laptop.
As a result, workers can easily communicate with supervisors and other team members via phone, video, or chat messaging systems.
Employees no longer need to come into the office to perform their work responsibilities.
What are the types of remote jobs?
Most remote positions rely on technology to complete projects. Also, opportunities exist in sectors like marketing, web design, data analysis, etc.
- A web designer creates an attractive, user-friendly website for businesses to attract customers.
- Meets clients to assess their website goals and test their end product to reach their expectations before launching the website.
- Build website pages using coding languages.
Average for international remote jobs: $43,000
Remote projects in Nigeria: N250,000 -N300,000
Social Media Manager
Social media managers are generally part of a company’s marketing team and are responsible for managing the company’s social media accounts and online presence.
Other responsibilities include:
- Establishing a budget for social media advertising.
- Tracking customer engagement and conversion statistics.
- Creating interactive social media content that engages customers.
- Remaining current on popular social media platforms to meets its algorithm.
Average for international projects: $45,000 yearly
Remote projects in Nigeria: N100,000 -N150,000 monthly
Customer Service Representative
A customer care representative works directly with customers to address their questions via phone calls or chat platforms.
Other responsibilities could include:
- Processing product orders and returns.
- Dealing with and resolving customer concerns.
- Sharing pricing and additional product information with customers.
Average Salary: $47,381 per year
Average Salary Nigeria: N75,000 -N150,000 per month
- Performing all administrative tasks and other duties.
- Respond to emails or messages received via online chat.
- Engage in telemarketing activities
- Direct and refer customers to appropriate departments and channels.
Average International Salary: $49,595 per year
Average Salary Nigeria: N80,000 -N150,000 per month
A graphic designer’s primary responsibilities include creating visuals for a company’s digital and print marketing materials.
- Build promotional videos using graphic design software to generate visuals for commercials.
- Create attractive brand logos, infographics, brochures and many design requests for companies.
Average International Salary: $49,626 per year
Average Salary Nigeria: N100 -N200,000 per month
An accountant manages the financial aspect of the company by:
- Auditing the company’s bank accounts and budget.
- Documenting all financial transactions.
- Recommending solutions to manage financial statements better,
- Ensure the company follows proper tax regulations.
Average International Salary: $56,497 per year
Average Salary Nigeria: N150,00 -N500,000 per month
A recruiter works directly with the human resources department to source suitable candidates for available positions.
- Post job vacancies and short list qualified applicants.
- Interview and screen candidates for vacant positions.
- Negotiate salary and offer jobs contracts to successful candidates.
Average International Salary: $56,828 per year
Average Salary Nigeria: N130,000-N500,000 per month
The primary responsibilities are to gather, analyse, and interpret data for industrial use.
- Put complex data sets into charts and presentations.
- Identify data trends to aid in better business decisions.
- Develop effective statistical testing techniques.
Average International Salary: $73,996 per year
Average Salary Nigeria: N150,000-N400,000 per month