- Full Time
- Surulere, Lagos
The hospitality industry is looking to recruit a waiter to help restaurant guests by taking their orders, delivering desired meals to tables, and preparing bills at the meal’s conclusion.
The potential candidate will take food and drink orders, write them down on order slips, and ensure that tables are adequately served, and all payments are collected.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a positive attitude and work well under pressure with bussers, cooks, and other staff.
- Greet customers and present menus to them.
- The potential candidate should provide outstanding customer service.
- Make suggestions based on their preferences.
- Take and serve food or drink orders.
- Up-sell when appropriate.
- Appropriately arrange table settings
- Keep tables clean and tidy at all times.
- Deliver cheques and collect cash payments.
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff;
- Adhere to all relevant health department rules, regulations, and customer service guidelines.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in the Hospitality industry mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good appearance.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with unruly customers.
- Ability to take down customers orders.
- Ability to take orders.
- Numerical skills.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please send their resume and a photograph of themselves with a position subject to email@example.com.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org