- Full Time
A renowned food company is looking to recruit a technical manager.
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has long been a part of Nigerians’ life, both at home and abroad.
The global vision is to be Africa’s premier foods company, which includes conveniently providing high-quality and cheap products through world-class brands.
Its brands include Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles consumers.
Golden Penny is the company’s flagship brand and one of Nigeria’s most popular and preferred brands among bakers, confectioneries and customers.
- Formulate strategies, policies, and processes for the factory’s maintenance and technical activities.
- Ensure compliance with current legal, professional, ethical, and HSE standards, lead, organize, and control all engineering activities.
- Manage the factory’s power supply to ensure availability, dependability and maximum efficiency.
- Examine the site’s technical performance, identify areas for improvement and implement “Best Practices” in O&M.
- Assist the Feed Mill with the management of the site’s facilities.
- Plan, create and present the yearly CAPEX and maintain budgets spending.
- Maintain an approved budget for all mechanical, electrical and energy costs.
- Develop and organize performance strategies and set goals that are in line with the plant’s targets and budgets.
- Plan, organize and oversee the department’s purchase of all critical spares, consumables, standard spares and services.
- Report on the usage and efficiencies of the plant
- Make recommendations to improve plant efficiencies and best practices.
- Improve subordinates’ competence and performance.
- Ensure that machines are installed and overhauled following quality standards and manufacturer recommendations.
- Encourage adherence to HSE regulations.
- Ensure that the QMS and FSMS rules are followed.
- Assist with any other tasks that may be assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years cognate experience.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Leadership and people management skills
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Result oriented.
- Innovation skills.
- Must have a high sense of discipline and integrity.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Must have Power Plant Engineering Skills
- Knowledge of installation procedures for equipment & machines parts
- Must have a strong understanding of industry Health and Safety procedures.
- B.Eng., HND, B.Sc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers and
- M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, MBA would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: http://www.dragnetnigeria.com/fmnplc2/vacancy/details/5733
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit www.dragnetnigeria.com.