Mattermost is an open source platform. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer (Remote) who will help us build a seamless buyer experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate for the job should be a strong multi-disciplined designer with an outstanding eye for detail and the ability to produce high-quality responsive interfaces across multiple platforms. Every day, you’ll work with product managers, developers, and members of our open source community to create intuitive and engaging user experiences.
Location: Remote, Work from Anywhere
Responsibilities of a a Senior Product Designer (Remote):
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design and user experience of our product with a focus on our cloud product tiers.
- Establish detailed usability and design guidelines for product development based on industry best practices and competitive benchmarking.
- Create and maintain a library of design and interface resources for use by product teams.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, customers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements and understand usability concerns and areas for improvement.
- Produce designs of various fidelity depending on needs, ranging from sketching to mockups and prototypes.
- Plan and conduct user research and usability tests, documenting, communicating, and acting upon the results.
- Build relationships across product lines and functional groups to raise the standard for good design across the company.
- 5+ years of hands-on user experience and visual design in the software industry with a strong focus on responsive design for cloud-first desktop/browser applications.
- Experience working on B2B collaboration products; ideally in SaaS and product-led growth environments.
- Strong background in interaction design, with the ability to effectively articulate the rationale behind design decisions.
- Strong visual design sense and impeccable attention to detail, with a drive to speak up when something is not implemented to your standards.
- Intensely curious, with a good understanding of analytics and a desire to learn from the data.
- Proficient in various research and design techniques such as qualitative research methods, personas, wireframing, task analysis, journey mapping, sketching, prototyping, usability testing, etc
- Embody our company values: https://mattermost.com/about-us/#leadership-principles
- Design for SaaS products
- Understanding of plugins/integrations
- Experience with the latest web technologies and frameworks (e.g. React, Vue)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.