- Full Time
The poultry industry is looking for experienced and objective-driven candidates for the company’s procurement operations.
Sayed Farms Limited specializes in all parts of the chicken industry and the sale of frozen food in the Nigerian market.
Its frozen product collection has included the highest quality chicken, potatoes, cheese, vegetables, seafood, and ice cream.
It is looking to recruit an inventive procurement manager.
The hired procurement officer is in charge of the entire purchasing process, from selecting suppliers to stock optimization and sourcing and procurement advice.
Furthermore, the potential candidate will be responsible for maintaining quality control and following the company’s supply chain management rules and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you must focus on implementing cost-effective acquisitions of all goods and services needed by the Organization.
Duties of procurement manager
- Create innovative and cost-effective procurement techniques.
- Process and review purchase orders.
- Check the company’s purchases, deliveries, and spending to see whether any items are damaged or not performing as expected.
- Manage the purchasing team’s other members.
- Keep track of orders and receivables.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Negotiate prices and contracts with suppliers.
- Evaluate vendors, conduct vendor interviews, negotiate supplier agreements, and monitor vendor and supplier contracts.
- Cultivate critical relationships with company stakeholders and strategic supply partners.
- Provide management with regular reports on purchases, controls, and processes.
- Support in budgeting and creating a culture of long-term procurement cost savings.
- Ensure that all items purchased to fulfil the necessary quality standards and requirements.
Requirements of procurement manager
- The potential candidate must possess a minimum of 8 years of experience in procurement or purchase in manufacturing industries locally and internationally.
- Experience in automotive, vehicle spare parts and machinery will be an added advantage.
- Applicants should reside in or willing to relocate to Ibadan, Oyo State.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be honest, transparent and have integrity.
- Organizational skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- A results-driven approach to work.
- Emotional skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- The ability to work well under pressure, creating a positive working environment.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Excellent Knowledge of SAP Materials Management such as MM.
- A minimum of B.Sc or equivalent in Purchasing and Supply or any related field.
- Membership of relevant professional associations such as CIPS, NIPS.
10th November 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letters, CV and passport photographs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com