- Full Time
A multinational development finance company is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented senior loan officer to join our developing organization.
The OPEC Fund for International Development was founded in 1976 as a global development finance organization.
Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela are among our 12 member countries.
As a mediator between applicants and our financial institution, you will assist qualifying candidates in obtaining loans and setting up payment arrangements.
The hired loan officer will meet with applicants, prepare loan offers, and examine active loans.
Also, the ideal candidate will have worked with various loan types, including house loans, business loans, and personal loans.
Furthermore, the senior loan management officer is in charge of disbursements, issue collection and settlements, posting loan repayments.
In addition, the applicant will be responsible for interest income and other relevant fees, non-performing loans, and maintaining accurate records of transactions in the loan accounts following the institutional strategy and framework.
To be successful in this position, you must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prepares and submits a work plan to the Director of Financial Administration for approval and then implements it with all necessary initiatives and actions within the OPEC Fund’s loan disbursement and repayment management strategies and rules.
- Examines and approves the loan, guarantees, and grant financial terms and conditions.
- Update data related to loan terms and conditions in the information systems on a timely and correct basis; generate loan billing statements for front-end fees and other origination costs.
- Before payment, the Fund reviews withdrawal applications to ensure that they comply with the Fund’s disbursement procedures and contractual commitments.
- Prepare loan statements and debit or credit advice as needed for use by borrowers.
- Determine the applicable interest rate for floating-rate loans and issue a notification of interest rate setting.
- Reconciles SAP/CML loan subsidiary accounts with the general ledger regularly and follows up on all outstanding items.
- In conjunction with the Fund’s General Counsel & Legal Services and Operations Departments, manages the issuance, amendment, and cancellation of reimbursement guarantees to commercial banks.
- Analyze, evaluate, and send out loan claim letters to borrowers timely.
- Tracks due to repayments and reconciles incoming payment allocations through the Fund’s accounts and the related posts in the applicable loan account registry.
- Identify, follows up and reports overdue loans.
- Prepares schedules and contributes to periodic reports for use by the Fund’s Management and Governing Board and publication in the Fund’s financial statements.
- At least ten years of relevant professional experience.
- Preferably 3 – 5 years of experience in an international development institution.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Result-oriented skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of financial accounting.
- Understanding of exchange rate policies.
- Familiarity of taxation and the design of fiscal regimes for resource extraction
- A good understanding of the Fund’s operations (particularly the areas of public and private sector, grants operations and trade financing)
- Proven track record of debt relief and concession issues & put it into excellence in execution and performance.
- Familiar with SAP-CML Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems with a high degree of integration.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, majoring in Accounting, Financial Control, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- Preference for a recognized accounting/finance certification such as the CA or CPA.
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of French, Arabic, German or Spanish is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://careers.opecfund.org/job/Senior-Loan-Management-Officer/728235402/
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit careers.opecfund.org.