- Full Time
A well-known company is looking to recruit a senior general manager.
With its operations headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria, in West Africa, the Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified commercial giants, with a hard-earned reputation for reasonable business procedures and product quality.
The hired manager will execute and manage plant instrumentation to ensure uninterrupted production activities within desired control parameters to accomplish targeted production quantity and quality and achieve various improvement schemes within budgeted costs, quantities, and schedules.
- The potential candidate is in charge of the daily technical reviews with subordinates on daily stoppages and controls.
- Control and oversight of the department’s day-to-day operations.
- Look at the department’s administrative concerns.
- Analysis of plant breakdowns and studies reduction by focusing on recurring issues and minimizing stoppages.
- Manage employee overtime, establish employee KPIs and closely monitor and coach employees.
- Control the cost of spare parts, inventory, and purchases.
- Contact suppliers or contractors, service providers and other departments.
- Encourage the indigenization of spare parts and the development of instrumentation department resources.
- Budget and CAPEX planning for the year.
- Ensure that all departmental activities are safe.
- Communication system control.
- Minimum of twenty-seven (27) years experience in a related field.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Result-oriented skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Good knowledge of the use and maintenance of instrumentation equipment.
- Commitment to implement safety and environmental regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Instrument/Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://apply.workable.com/dangote/j/35C3D8533C/
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.