Our rapidly expanding publication is looking for a talented editor to join our creative team.
The Wikimedia Foundation is situated in San Francisco, is the home of
It is the epicentre of a global movement of hundreds of thousands of contributors working together to collect and distribute the total of all human knowledge.
Wikipedia, the most well-known of the Wikimedia projects, has over 55 million entries in over 300 languages and is accessed 15 billion times every month by people worldwide.
Your ultimate goal will captivate our target audience and establish client loyalty by providing unique, insightful, and appealing content.
You’ll be responsible for various responsibilities, including proofreading, creating publication objectives, designing the material, and coming up with narrative ideas.
As the editor, you’ll need to show that you have a keen eye for detail and the ability to handle all of a publication’s moving elements.
The chosen candidate will also have good communication, editing, and proofreading abilities to succeed in this position.
- Manage the Global Advocacy team’s efforts to engage readers with instructional and valuable content.
- Plan and supervise the drafting of op-eds, articles, blog posts, newsletters, site content, and other materials with Global Advocacy and Public Policy employees.
- From concept development to drafting, review, copy editing, and sign-off, manage the editorial process for the team’s written products.
- When appropriate, collaborate with Communications Department personnel on news releases generated by Global Advocacy and Public Policy staff.
- Manage the creation and revision of website and social media material and a potential website migration or significant revamp.
- Develop a consistent tone and style for a newsletter and other frequent updates to the Wikimedia community and allies in collaboration with Global Advocacy personnel.
- Have at least three years’ experience coordinating editorial production.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactively responds to emails and Slack messages.
- Self-motivated and organized skills.
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated mindset, interested in identifying and solving design challenges.
- Strong ability to conceptualize.
- Comfortable working across multiple projects at once and liaising with your Product Manager.
- Hard worker, real self-motivator and team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Must possess the ability to work within deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience working across digital platforms such as websites, mobile and blogs.
- Ability to collaborate with writers to understand their writing needs and maximize their impact.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply: https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/3807240?gh_src=fcvclhyn1
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy: