- Full Time
- Accra Ghana
A popular financial institution is looking to recruit a senior agriculture and natural resource management officer
AfDB (African Development Bank Group) – The African Development Bank, founded in 1964, is the continent’s leading development agency, fostering economic growth and social improvement.
There are 80 members, 54 from Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’sBank’s development agenda focuses on providing financial and technical assistance to transformative projects that would considerably reduce poverty by fostering inclusive and long-term economic growth.
Accra, Ghana Country Office (COGH)
- Maintain a high-quality agriculture portfolio for the Bank.
- Expert advice and guidance on sector concerns and priorities, technical aspects of projects, and Bank regulations and procedures, particularly those for procurement of goods and services, to officials of executing agencies;
- Research the agriculture sector to determine its priority in the country’s development plan and assist management in ensuring the long-term viability of Bank-financed agricultural projects and programs in Ghana.
- Participate in drafting a country strategy paper with a focus on agricultural and rural development.
- Formulate, assess, and monitor projects, lending proposals, feasibility studies, and sector work.
- Participate in Agricultural Sector Working Group activities and related donor-coordination meetings and sector-wide approaches to advise the Country Manager and Management on sector policy concerns.
- Assist in formulating the Bank’s policies, processes, and guidelines.
- Serve as a technical expert in their subject and an anchor for multi-disciplinary mission identification, planning, assessment, launch, monitoring and follow-up, supervision, and completion in the agriculture sector.
- At least five (5) years of relevant and diverse professional experience in agricultural and rural sector development as well as in project design and management, with a broad interest in development issues and the promotion of relevant and priority agricultural value chains in member countries; experience within the Bank or in multilateral development institutions would be an asset.
- The potential candidate should have previous experience working in multilateral financial institutions or large organizations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Very organized.
- Results-oriented and customer-focused
- Highly professional.
- Able to multi-task.
- Understand what makes excellent training.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt working methods while remaining efficient within a changing work environment.
- Proven planning and organizational skills.
- Hardworking and flexible
- Interested in the training industry.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Complete understanding of the project cycle and project implementation principles as applicable in the regional member countries (RMCs) is required for portfolio management.
- Project management skills.
- Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills, thinking strategically and rapidly analyzing and integrating diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations.
- Competence in using standard Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Development Finance Corporate applications or tools.
- At least a postgraduate Master’s Degree in Agriculture or Rural Development or related discipline.
8th January 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions (The position holder will be considered local staff and will not have global terms and conditions of employment).
- Only nationals of Ghana or bank member countries who have the right to reside and work in Ghana will be considered for this position. The Bank does not sponsor or support applications for work permits and relocations for the job in question.
To apply for this job please visit www.afdb.org.