A software engineering company is looking for a results-driven and confident financial controller to manage and improve our organization’s financial performance and supervise our accounting operations.
Tendermint is the originator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains founded in 2014.
The company is a software engineering firm specializing in Cosmos SDK and Starport, two cutting-edge blockchain development frameworks.
The 200+ blockchains produced with the Cosmos SDK protect over USD 100 billion in digital assets.
It is a group of enthusiastic, self-driven industry experts whose mission is to empower people to use open, distributed, and interoperable networks to create a more transparent and responsible world.
We believe that the technology we’re developing will significantly impact how people connect and collaborate worldwide.
The financial controller’s responsibilities will include maintaining accounting records, assessing and managing risk, ensuring regulatory compliance.
As a financial controller, your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency will assist our organization in achieving organizational targets, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, and developing financial plans that support corporate strategy.
Also, the perfect applicant requires strong analytical skills, remarkable problem-solving skills, a knack for statistics, a high level of organization, and excellent leadership qualities.
The successful financial controller should optimize our accounting activities and operations, provide financial analysis and reporting, train personnel on corporate finance concerns, promote regulatory compliance, and increase revenue creation.
- Maintain contact with third-party accounting and auditing firms.
- Own the International Accounting function, build, train, and manage a team.
- Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements to describe and forecast the company’s financial situation and meet various reporting requirements.
- Structure, implement and document harmonize Accounting.
- Process and tools used by all entities such as blend, expense, airbase.
- Use the four-eyes principle for all accounting operations,
- Comply with GAAP guidelines from around the world like the US, German, Canadian, Korean GAAP, other tax laws.
- Establish accounting policies and “train” personnel (e.g. Expensify)
- Supervise the organization’s accounting, auditing, tax, controls, and procurement.
- Assist the company with accounting and tax issues such as VAT on invoices.
- Own audit and third-party review preparations, as well as various tax filings, are required globally.
- .Ensure that all applicable government regulations are followed, and prepare all necessary tax and financial reporting.
- Maintain records and prepare reports using accounting software like Quickbooks Online.
- Manage foreign accounting personnel, including task delegation, mentoring, and career advancement.
- Coordinates with FP&A and COO, as well as higher management, and develops reports for them.
- Collaborate with in-house and outside lawyers to find tax-efficient structures for the company’s various parts and the overall business.
- Propose the introduction of different accounting solutions, such as ERP, crypto reconciliation, and any other software to make the team more efficient, if applicable.
- Possess ten years+ experience in accounting.
- Experience in international payments and cryptocurrency.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Experienced with the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of the use of accounting software.
- Solid understanding of international GAAP, tax, and other applicable regulations.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field (master’s preferred).
- CPA or international equivalent license or certification.
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness, and well-being spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should click here to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/tendermint/95b29715-5403-4932-bf7d-f881a6dfeb1a
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.