- Full Time
- Jabi, Abuja
A real estate and investment company is seeking a detail-oriented account officer to help with our financial department.
Dreamcity Property & Investment Limited continues to be at the forefront of residential and commercial real estate development in Nigeria’s major cities.
It delivers dependable structures with qualified infrastructure, luxury apartments in high-brow cities, and commercial real estate with good returns for our investors, who have become part of our success story over time.
The hired account officer’s tasks include maintaining financial records, inspecting invoices for mistakes and resolving general account queries.
Also, you should have a basic understanding of accounting procedures, be willing to learn, and have excellent communication skills to succeed as an account officer.
Finally, a good account officer should provide exceptional client service while also keeping correct financial records.
- Reconcile all investment ledgers with the investment schedule.
- Ascertain that all investment-related inflows and outflows are recorded correctly in the ledger.
- Review and double-check the fixed asset registry for accuracy.
- Raise all required journals to record new entrants and recognize monthly annuities.
- Reconcile bank accounts with the cashbook, noting any inconsistencies or inaccuracies.
- Ensure safe storage and simple information retrieval.
- Maintain a secure, efficient, and accurate file system.
- Properly document all disposed of assets and post them to the fixed asset disposal account.
- Prepare and remit all tax payments such as PAYE, VAT and WHT.
- Assist in the preparation of all financial reports using generally recognized accounting principles.
- Prepare depreciation reports and enter them into the management accounts monthly.
- Consult with both federal and state tax authorities.
- The hired candidate should have at least seven years of experience in finance management, accounting and working in a project setting.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Numerical ability.
- Must be able to use accounting software such as sage.
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAN) or have other relevant professional qualifications.
13th January 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Code as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates should upload their CV and Cover letter in one Microsoft word document.
- EEO Statement: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees. Women are strongly encouraged to apply to this position.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org