Executive Coordinator at Andela
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, the company has been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organisations around the world. A Remote Executive Coordinator Job
Is presently available at Andela.
About the Role:
This role is perfectly suited to a resourceful, hardworking, intellectually curious individual who wants to work with and learn from some of the sharpest leaders in the start-up world. If you want to witness and take part in how a start-up operates, strategizes, and iterates you will see all of this first hand and in our fast paced environment.
While there are many administrative tasks you’ll be responsible for you will simultaneously and daily be exposed to the evolution of the business at its very genesis. This exposure will be critical to understanding the goals, needs, personal preferences of the players which is in turn essential for you to deliver the role well.
The Executive Coordinator serves as the CEO’s primary coordinator and liaison for internal and external relations. Your responsibilities will revolve around assisting the Chief in handling priorities and meeting deliverables to the organisation.
Your main objectives are to expand the CEO’s bandwidth and support the senior leadership team. You will report to Andela’s Chief of Staff and collaborate with the CEO several times/week to agree on priorities, responses, preferences, and what is upcoming.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Organize calendar and activities to ensure high value time utilisation of the CEO in relationship to external and internal requirements. Briefs/updates/reminders on upcoming meetings and ongoing obligations.
- Handle CEO’s email correspondence and prioritize emails/events, ensuring timely responses.
- Work daily with Andela’s CEO and Chief of Staff; Provide support in establishing relationships critical to the success of the business, and handle a variety of special projects, some of which may have wide organizational impact.
- Partner with the Client Organization to draft, send, monitor client outreaches for the CEO.
- Support scheduling needs of select C level executives at Andela.
- Responsible for the CEO’s expense reporting.
- Continually think of new ways to optimize and build processes for efficiency.
- Research various topics and build succinct overviews as the need presents itself.
- Handle/oversee the CEO’s travel plans including airfare bookings, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, co-working spaces when traveling, etc.
- Create, drive, and own the yearly operating calendar of the organization which maps Board meetings, Executive Leadership meetings, and other Leadership and staff meetings for the year.
- Collaborate with the Director of Andela Experience and the Chief of Staff, in determining strategic locations for these meetings.
- Handle confidential company, personal, sensitive personnel or other organization matters with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
The key attributes for this role are:
- Interest in understanding the business which will only improve your ability to meet the various demands of the Chief and Company.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on assignments and tasks with minimal guidance.
- Ability to think expansively, modify ideas for problem solving, take full ownership of your responsibilities and be willing to focus and commit to get work done.
- Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the Company, customers, board members, and external partners.
- Creative problem solving skill.
- Critical thinking skill
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, and with the Google Suite of products (Mail, Calendar, Drive), plus proficient in designing, creating, and maintaining Drive spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and is willing to double and triple check their work.
- Excellent writing, narrative-building, and proofreading skills. You catch the omissions/errors everyone else misses.
- Facility in verbal and cross-cultural communication. Understands the complexities of remote working with people in multiple locations.
- Ability to plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties.
- Must be an all around incredible person we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela.
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
Apply for this Remote Executive Coordinator Job here
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.