Our client seeks an experienced technical leader to join the Product Department as a Director of Engineering. The company manages the world’s largest collaborative project: a top ten website that reaches a billion people each month while combining the ideals of privacy, openness, and community that our users value so highly.
The Product department is in charge of providing user-facing experiences for readers, editors, and other participants in the suite of products and specialized engineering responsibilities required to carry out the delivery.
Responsibilities of a Remote Director of Engineering in the Product Department Job
- Foster a fair, inclusive and supportive team environment, as well as coach your subordinates in the same manner
- Support and mentor engineering managers and software developers in their professional growth.
- Delegate outcomes rather than chores.
- Participate in the recruitment of high-quality, diverse teams welcoming to people from all walks of life.
- Identify areas where engineering processes and culture can be improved.
- In collaboration with other engineering and product partners, develop a technical approach.
- Own the delivery of your area’s technical and product roadmaps.
- Take care of budgeting, staffing, and spending management.
Skills and Experience Needed for the Remote Director of Engineering Job
- Experience leading engineering teams and coaching engineers in the delivery of consumer-facing web platforms at scale
- Must have excellent technical knowledge.
- Experience cooperating with product and design counterparts to develop aligned strategies and deliver on goals in a complex technical and social environment Demonstrated ability to balance opposing interests in a complicated technological and social environment.
- Experience developing, managing, and leading intentionally diverse, inclusive, multinational, and remote-first engineering teams with proven performance at all phases of the engineering process and product lifecycle, resulting in a significant, measurable effect.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Design like a Pro with Canva
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.