DevOps Engineer Needed at Avaaz
Our client, Avaaz, an international campaigning and advocacy organization that provides its global membership of over 70 million people with opportunities to change the world, is looking for DevOps Engineers to join her tight-knit group of outstanding professionals, working from home in many different countries. See the job details to apply for the Remote DevOps Engineer Job.
The ideal candidates will have experience in system administration, supporting development of software using modern languages, and a good understanding of SQL and noSQL data stores. They will be able to advise on decisions regarding hardware performance for a given software, and will also know when we should modify the underlying infrastructure or fix a particular piece of code. They are familiar with test automation and applications that work at scale.
The DevOps Engineer does not need to be an expert in all areas, but rather have a broad range of experiences in different areas with excellent team and communication skills.
- Manage our deployment and testing infrastructure, supporting the implementation of Continuous Integration.
- Refine development processes to make interactions between Software Engineers and Administrators, fluid, and productive.
- Participate in architectural decision-making in support of scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Automate repetitive tasks required to maintain a secure and up-to-date operational environment.
- Develop, improve, maintain, and document infrastructure management systems.
- Work with other teams to build, test, and roll out systems.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Software Engineer, and 2-3 years of experience as a Systems 1-2 years of experience working at large-scale applications
- 2-3 years working in Amazon AWS environments, particularly VPCs with an understanding of the AWS API.
- Intimate knowledge of Linux (Redhat/CentOS) and at least 2 years experience in environments with more than 50 servers
- Strong fundamentals in Python and strong bash scripting skills
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/others)
- Experience with monitoring of large scale systems, particularly with Zabbix
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
It would help your application if you have:
- Experience managing application build pipelines and continuous integration environments
- Experience in running and maintaining containerized applications and orchestration at scale in a variety of managed and unmanaged cross-platform setups
- Experience with the AWS code build and deploy tools and ECS
- Comfortable working with a range of storage engines (MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Understanding of network and application security
- Understanding of all layers involved in web communications, including experience in network debugging
- Experience at large-scale web companies
- Experience working in distributed teams
Not Specified, but urgently needed
Apply for the Remote DevOps Engineer Job here
To apply for this job please visit DevOps%20Engineer%20-%20Avaaz.