Meta (Formerly Facebook Nigeria) – Facebook’s aim, from its inception in 2004, has been to empower individuals to establish communities and bring the globe closer together. Every month, over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger to stay in touch with friends and family, learn about current events, and share and express what matters to them.
Our distinct culture, which promotes effect, defines Facebook. We inspire people to take risks and solve the issues that concern them the most. We operate in small groups and move quickly to build new items, iterating regularly. The expression “this journey is 1% complete” reminds us that we have only just begun to carry out our objective.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Policy Communications Manager (SSA)
- The Policy Communications Manager’s primary responsibility will assist with a wide range of press-facing policy issues in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You’ll need to be familiar with the multi-country media landscape, our regulations, the social discourse surrounding our platforms, and the cultural background in several nations.
- Manage the region’s policy-related press concerns.
- Collaborate closely with country communications and policy teams to address challenges and create proactive communications opportunities to enhance the company’s position on major policy issues.
- Counsel cross-functional partners on policy changes, product upgrades, and other announcements that influence the SSA region’s communications.
- Statements and messages drafts
- Speakers on policy matters should be trained and briefed.
- Distill complex policy issues into simple English for the media and the general public in the region.
- Significant and relevant expertise working on high-profile, complex press-facing issues is required.
- Knowledge of the media, politics, and political systems in the region
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Fluency in English is necessary, with knowledge in other African languages considered an advantage.
- The chosen applicant must be from Africa, specifically Kenya, Nigeria, or South Africa.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Design like a Pro with Canva
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit www.metacareers.com.