Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) is looking to recruit a Purchase and Tender Administration Supervisor, with a purpose to revolutionize customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is used.
Job Title: Purchase / Tender Administration Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Head, Supply Chain Management
- This role is responsible for assisting in procurement of high value materials, per the approval matrix.
Responsibilities of a Purchase and Tender Administration Supervisor
- Maintain professional relationships with all suppliers, compile reports, assist all managers in planning and executing all purchasing operations, and provide an effective interface with all departments.
- Analyze and evaluate purchase and price trends to estimate demand and reduce purchasing expenditures.
- Manage all supplier contracts, implement optimal price methods for all purchasing materials, and suggest quality improvement measures.
- Prepare a list of consolidated purchasing items for the Annual Material Plan.
- Assist in getting and analyzing price and quotation comparisons. Make buying selections depending on the information you’ve gathered.
- Make purchase orders and double-check them for accuracy.
- Assist in organizing a pre-bid (techno-commercial) meeting and clarifying and finalising specifications, time frames, and other details.
- Examine your monthly stock statements and take the necessary steps.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure procurement of proper materials.
- Revalidation of stocks and a market survey
- Documentation and analysis
- Stock revalidation and market survey
- Documentation, analysis of the procurement process, and payment follow-up are all included.
- Carry out vendor evaluations and follow up with vendors regarding delivery schedules.
- Prepare and manage a vendor database as well as a list of bidders.
- Assist the department head with any other tasks that are allocated to you.
Minimum Qualifications for the Purchase and Tender Administration Supervisor role
- A suitable Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc. or H.N.D.) in any discipline is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Regulatory Knowledge Procurement Management in the Electricity Industry
- Selection and Management of Vendors
- Occupational safety and health regulations
- Planning and organization skills are essential.
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to manage supplier expectations.
- Interpersonal Relations and Communication
- Supervisory/Management Capabilities
- Business Focus on Problem Solving and Decision Making
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2022.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Design like a Pro with Canva
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit 22.214.171.124.