A global development network seeks a finance associate who can help our finance manager with day-to-day financial procedures.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the global development network of the United Nations.
The organization promotes transformation and connects countries to information, experience, and resources to improve their lives.
It provides developing countries with expert advice, training, and grant funding, with a growing emphasis on aid to the least developed countries.
The company encourages countries to collaborate on technological and investment issues.
UNDP has the status of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly, with its headquarters in New York City.
The UNDP is solely supported by voluntary contributions from member nations of the United Nations.
The organization works with local governments in 177 countries to address development concerns and build local competence.
The hired candidate will manage account records, revise and update financial reports, and prepare financial data for audits, reviews and taxation.
Also, have an in-depth understanding of best practices in financial management and experience working in a comparable environment to succeed as a finance associate.
Finally, an exceptional finance associate will produce accurate financial reporting and effective account management due to their knowledge.
- Provide resource financial assessments and reporting following UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Prepare expense estimates for the Jubilee Fellowship’s various activities following program management’s needs.
- Keep track of the financial results of the Jubilee Fellowship project’s activities.
- Support UNDP-mandated annual audits of the Principal Recipient (PR) and Sub-recipients (SRs), and ensure that external auditors get the necessary information.
- Ascertain that advance and direct payments are appropriately reviewed and recorded in Atlas on a timely basis.
- Follow up on funds disbursements to allow for a timely review of the cash position and ensure sufficient funds are on hand for distributions.
- Ascertain effective data management and reporting.
- Prepare regular analyses and reports on the Jubilee Fellowship project finances and Country Office budget approvals, as well as program delivery;
- Assist with developing yearly project work plans, agreements, and budgets.
- Prepare predictions to support requests for disbursements.
- Verify disbursement requests, expense reports, and supporting paperwork before posting.
- Submit timely and accurate financial reports to the donor.
- Maintain information flows between non-financial actors to link programmatic results to work plan expenditures and donor-agreed budgets.
- Respond to requests from headquarters to fix financial data issues or give information.
- Ascertain that suitable financial monitoring controls and risk management measures are in place.
- Develop and support the PMSU to sustain financial risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Create and implement a system of internal controls and financial resource management that is effective.
- In the project finance unit, map out, establish, and manage standard operating procedures, making changes where possible.
- Implement operational and financial management strategies and adapt processes and procedures.
- A Bachelors degree holder should have four years of experience and seven years of work experience with secondary education in providing financial resource management services, accounting advisory services and managing financial, operational systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills
- Critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Result oriented.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the usage of Microsoft office tools.
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP Financial Resource Management is desirable. q Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working understanding of UN principles, SDGs and international development in Africa.
- Demonstrate the ability to showcase cross-disciplinary and cross-functional experience and expertise.
- UNDP Advanced Accountancy and Finance test required.
14th January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/job/1952
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job descriptions, experience, and educational requirements.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.