Their duties include verifying the identification and age of customers, preparing and serving alcoholic drinks, accepting payment from customers, cleaning glasses and bar utensils and balancing cash receipts to record sales.
Mixologists take inventory to avoid the unavailability of some drinks and are also in charge of ensuring their bars are running smoothly and efficiently.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MIXOLOGIST
- Ensure to stock up the bar with glassware, garnishes, cocktail mixes, and ice.
- Process bar supplies.
- Mix drinks as requested by the client.
- Mix and suggest traditional and creative cocktails.
- Process all customers’ cash and credit card purchases.
- Verify guests’ ages before serving alcohol.
- Maintain a clean and orderly bar.
- Set up the bars before they open and close at the end of the day.
- Serve food if necessary
- Clean glasses and bar utensils
- Make suggestions based on customer tastes and preferences.
- Open and maintain tabs throughout their shift.
- Build a rapport with regular customers to create a positive atmosphere.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE MIXOLOGIST
- OND, HND, BSc in any field.
- Ability to prepare cocktail varieties.
- 1 – 2 years of working experience as a Mixologist.
- Must be intelligent and ready to work under pressure.
- Efficiently keep a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories.
- Understand unique and complementary flavour pairings.
- Knowledge of alcohol standards, applicable laws and regulations.
- Evaluate customer cocktail preference.
- Make drink recommendations.
- Knowledge of mixology for traditional and creative cocktails.
- Impeccable customer service and social perceptiveness.
- Assess customer satisfaction and responsiveness.
- Ready to enforce company policies regarding the consumption of alcohol.
- Ensure to perform daily inventory and process payments.
- Physical ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to stand behind bars for long hours.
- Knowledge of human behaviour.
- Great Customer Service.
- Interpersonal Skill.
- Active Listening.
- Recommending Suitable Food and Drinks.
- Verbal Communication
- Strong commitment to service.
- Excellent Communication.
- Great customer service.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.