Our rapidly expanding publication is looking for a talented editor to join our creative team.
Komoot is an adventure-finding, planning, and sharing app.
The company’s purpose is to inspire great adventures and make them accessible to everyone, driven by a desire to explore and fueled by the recommendations of the outdoor community.
And we’re good at what we do: we’ve been named one of Google’s and Apple’s Apps of the Year on multiple occasions!
It is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for individuals who enjoy worldwide experiences, with over 25 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews.
Your ultimate goal will captivate our target audience and establish client loyalty by providing unique, insightful, and appealing content.
You’ll be responsible for various responsibilities, including proofreading, creating publication objectives, designing the material, and coming up with narrative ideas.
As the editor, you’ll need to show that you have a keen eye for detail and the ability to handle all of a publication’s moving elements.
The chosen candidate will also have good communication, editing, and proofreading abilities to succeed in this position.
- Manage the entire Sponsored Collections workflow, from the initial briefing with our business partners to the final launch on the web.
- Plan the editorial calendar and manage our freelance editors to guarantee high-quality content is produced on time.
- You’ll need to keep track of various tasks at all times and be prepared to prioritize workflow and rearrange things if necessary.
- Throughout the process, communicate with our external partners, sales and PR team, community managers, and other stakeholders, keeping them informed and considering their opinion while ensuring the material is consistent with our branding and communication/PR strategy.
- Oversee proofing procedures and, when needed, edit German and English material.
- Take an active role in the process.
- Take an active interest in the current digital media landscape, significant trends and issues – offer suggestions and take ownership of your work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactively responds to emails and Slack messages.
- Self-motivated and organized skills.
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated mindset, interested in identifying and solving design challenges.
- Strong ability to conceptualize.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Must possess the ability to work within deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience working across digital platforms such as websites, mobile and blogs.
- Ability to collaborate with writers to understand their writing needs and maximize their impact.
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Get access to generous discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands and more.
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Three all-expenses-paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply: https://www.komoot.com/jobs/C9C6290E92/managing-editor-sponsored-collections
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Design like a Pro with Canva
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit www.komoot.com.