- Full Time
- Ibadan, Oyo
A renowned food company is looking to recruit a maintenance manager.
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has long been a part of Nigerians’ life, both at home and abroad.
The global vision is to be Africa’s premier foods company, conveniently providing high-quality and cheap products through world-class brands.
Its brands include Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles consumers.
Golden Penny is the company’s flagship brand and one of Nigeria’s most popular and preferred brands among bakers, confectioneries and customers.
The potential candidate will provide maintenance management leadership and assistance by building new and upgrading current maintenance systems following the region’s or country’s maintenance strategy.
The hired manager oversees the timely completion of maintenance tasks, working diligently to achieve a maintenance schedule completion rate of at least 90%.
- Develop, implement, manage, and coordinate preventive and predictive maintenance efforts for all machinery, equipment, and other assets in the Business Unit to ensure that production activities operate smoothly and fulfil business objectives.
- Monitor the fabrication, construction, and installation of new machinery and equipment.
- Provide technical assistance, direction, and oversight to contractors and third parties to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage engineering expenses (labour costs, including overtime, repair/maintenance costs against the Company Unit’s budget to achieve a low cost per ton, a high effective person-hour per ton, and overall business efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring that the department adheres to HSE rules and programs to create a safe working environment by implementing relevant safety measures and actions in collaboration with the HSE department.
- Maintain inventory management spare parts to ensure the availability of engineering spares for timely milling machine corrective repair.
- The potential candidate should have at least 8+ years’ of cognate experience.
- Experience in Feed Milling is an added advantage.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership.
- Negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Result oriented.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency with the use of a computer.
- Proficient with the help of Microsoft Office tools.
- Project management skills.
- People Management Skills.
- Inventory Management Skills.
- Experience with CMMS, preferably SAP.
- Proven experience with budgeting such as R.E. procedures.
- Familiarity with introducing new lines and cost reduction initiatives within a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding and knowledge of current manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience in primary automated bottling line operations.
- Ability to identify, raise and push for approval appropriate CAPEX wish list for engineering equipment upgrades.
- Possess a First Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other related field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: http://www.dragnetnigeria.com/fmnplc2/vacancy/details/5754
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit www.dragnetnigeria.com.