- Full Time
A microfinance company is looking to recruit for the position of loan recovery officer.
Alert Microfinance Bank is a significant financial services provider in Nigeria, with a mission to assist micro-entrepreneurs with inexpensive, flexible financial and non-financial services.
It is looking to recruit a candidate who will support the organization, emphasizing the collection of outstanding loan repayments.
The hired candidate will be responsible for engaging with consumers over the phone, establishing payment schedules with debtors and implementing debt-reduction initiatives.
To be a successful loan recovery officer, you should have prior debt collection expertise.
Lagos Island, Lagos
- Create a case-by-case recovery approach to reduce the number of non-performing loans owing to customers.
- Minimize customer response times by sending out reminder notices and statements and keeping track of debt collection promptly.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with clients and offer recommendations to management.
- Follow departmental requirements for instalment agreements and the processing of received funds.
- Contribute to the team’s and organization’s goals being met
- Visit delinquent customers to collect loans, agree on debt repayment schedules, and follow up as needed.
- Examine contract documents (all components) to determine liability, identify contract flaws, and determine recoverability
- Establish repayment arrangements, debt payback monitoring, and debtor adherence to instalment schedules.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years cognate experience from a reputable Microfinance Bank.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in preventing losses, controlling delinquent balances, and collecting outstanding accounts.
- Computer savvy.
- Solid understanding of repayment schedules and bad debt management.
- Performance bonus based on KPI.
- The hired candidate should possess a minimum of a BSc or HND in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Statistics and other related fields.
8th January 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “RECOVERY OFFICER” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org