International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. We are recruiting to fill the position of Human Resources and Admin Assistant in Maiduguri.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Main Responsibilities of a Human Resource and Admin Assistant Manager in Maiduguri:
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per IMC’s Operations Handbook and HR Handbook.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment, and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
- Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete, and up to date: -personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security, **
- Assist managers and staff in effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation.
- Ensure new staff receives an appropriate orientation and induction.
- Ensure clearance and debriefing are carried out for exiting staff. **
- Support staff development activities including promoting the IMC Learning Catalogue.
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water Dispensers, telephone, photocopier, etc.) are in good working order.
- Payment of office and guest house bills.
- Responsible for office supplies.
- Responsible for necessary repairs & maintenance promptly in coordination with the Logistics staff.
- Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensure that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Establish a central mail recording system and filing system.
- Ensure that IMC staff have Identification cards (ID) with the period of validity following the employment contract.
Required Qualifications / Minimum requirements Standards:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a similar role or HR administration or management.
- Other relevant professional / management certifications would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is desirable.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Ms Word, email and utilization of the internet.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values, and principles.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit internationalmedicalcorps.org.