- Full Time
A Microfinance Bank seeks to recruit a head of SME to manage policy sales and supervise the sales team.
Baobab is a venture capital firm whose goal is to build a network of leading microfinance banks and finance firms in at least 15 countries that provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who do not have access to regular banking.
PlaNet Finance and other investors such as the International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale were founded.
Baobab in July 2005, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency, and Developing World Markets joining later.
The hired candidates will be responsible for setting and monitoring sales targets, facilitating team professional growth and providing customer support.
The successful candidate will be in charge of setting the strategic agenda for the SME Banking Department.
The job holder will be responsible for product development oversight to keep the Bank competitive in the SME market.
- The Chief aims to increase SME credit (loans and advances) in Nigeria, ranging from 4 million to 50 million Nigerian Naira.
- To achieve and develop the SME Segment strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking Strategy and lead the implementation of the process; to ensure profitability targets are met through revenue maximization and innovative cost management.
- To accelerate SME Banking’s long-term growth and acquisition of new clients by establishing, developing, and maintaining high-quality advisory relationships.
- To drive the creation and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Segment, build and maintain productive and strategic relationships with customers, suppliers, line managers, and stakeholders.
- To establish a pipeline of value-added client solutions to drive customer-driven propositions for the SME Banking Segment.
- Facilitate training sessions for Retail Banking teams, branch workers, and sales teams on SME Banking Products to improve product understanding.
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date awareness of the sector (current market structures, regulatory requirements and difficulties in SME Banking) to ensure that opportunities are realized and risks are addressed.
- Ensure timely submission of high-quality credit proposals following Credit Policy standards and criteria while keeping the SME portfolio’s quality within the NonPerforming Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk parameters.
- Ascertain that the Bank’s policies, processes, and regulatory requirements are followed.
- Lead, encourage, and build a high-performing SME team constantly.
- To achieve a monthly goal of 250,000,000.00, i.e. a loan disbursement of 250,000,000.00 nairas each month.
- Minimum of 8 years general banking experience with at least five years’ experience in SME Sector 3 years of which must have been in a leadership position.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Possess Bachelor A bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline is required.
- A master’s degree will give you an edge.
- Qualification in Professional Product Development or Project Management.
28th January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications / Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. E.g. Head SME Abuja.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org