- Full Time
A financial institution is looking for a driven and experienced compliance officer to ensure our business procedures and transactions adhere to all applicable legal and internal norms.
Kuda is a full-service digital bank with an app. The company goal is to become the go-to bank for Africans residing on the continent and for the African diaspora living anywhere in the world.
The bank is free of obscene banking fees and excels at assisting consumers with budgeting, spending wisely, and saving more.
The hired candidate will review employee work, create firm policies, and respond to policy violations.
The ideal candidate will be professional, analytical, and able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
To succeed in this position, you should be well-versed in risk management and the principles that govern our sector.
- The Kuda Head of Compliance – Nigeria will be an essential component of the Nigeria Kuda Team, maintaining efficient oversight of Nigeria’s compliance procedures when it enters the country alongside other jurisdictions.
- The function holder must be based in Nigeria and serve as an MLRO and Nominated Officer.
- Each Kuda entity established in a different country will be responsible for assisting and supporting Senior Management in managing compliance-related risks within that business, reporting directly to general management and operating following Kuda Group Compliance.
- In addition, work with other Exec Team members to ensure that the Kuda Board’s tone and direction impact Group culture, conduct, and values.
- Be in charge of developing and implementing Nigeria policies and collaborating on Group policies.
- Support Management and Local Compliance in other countries with compliance.
- Nigeria’s compliance framework and resource network are managed and supervised.
- Assist with specific compliance-related issues affecting Nigeria or the Group as a whole, as the case may be.
- Monitor the Nigeria compliance program’s and broader governance’s sufficiency and effectiveness in regularly tackling international, systemic issues and hazards.
- Coordination and implementation of financial crime training and awareness, as well as to conduct in the development of a strong compliance culture
- Provide compliance-related advice and guidance, as well as commercial implications.
- Monitor and report are used to provide confidence that the second line of defence is in place.
- Hold the positions of Nigerian MLRO and Nominated Officer, including
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- You are a strategic thinker and self-starter.
- Critical thinking.
- Negotiation skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of financial services regulatory frameworks, particularly the payment service provider landscape
- A thorough understanding of financial crime (not only AML/CTF) and regulatory compliance is required.
- Previous regulatory experience, including interacting with the Financial Conduct Authority and other external stakeholders/law enforcement
- Compelling and at ease engaging with and liaising with various internal stakeholders across the organization.
- You understand payment systems and markets focusing on technology and mobile applications.
- Possess an ICA Diploma or equivalent qualification
Why join Kuda?
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet.’
- A stimulating and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://apply.workable.com/kuda/j/B9A8D979E8/
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
You Join our Whatsapp group using the link.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.