- Full Time
A financial institution is looking to recruit a head of the audit.
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) is Nigeria’s oldest multinational bank founded on May 2, 1984.
The company offers a diverse range of financial goods and services to corporate and commercial clients, financial institutions, and government agencies.
It provides deposit and loan services, cash management, sales and trade, corporate FinanceFinance, and investment banking services.
In collaboration with the Audit team, the Head of Audit – Nigeria is responsible for executing audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments.
The overarching goal is to help Citi achieve its business objectives by using in-depth disciplinary knowledge through value-added insights or consulting services.
- Execution of Country Audit assurance plan following Citi IA methodology.
- Provide high-quality audit reports on schedule and internal audit and regulatory problem validation, business monitoring, and governance committee reporting.
- To ensure quality audit and regulatory delivery, lead, supervise, and grow a medium-sized team of auditors within the cluster.
- Represent Citi’s IA function in cluster-wide interactions with regulators and deliver regulatory commitments.
- Monitor progress and track activities in attaining stated important goals and ensure good communication and information flow between team leads in collaboration with the IA product and functional groups.
- Work with the IA Quality Assurance (QA) team to resolve any QA issues, regulatory issues, and other concerns.
- Work with the IA Management Information (MI) team to analyze audit data in audit systems from a regional perspective, ensuring that changes are made as needed and following up to ensure that any problems found are rectified in a long-term manner.
- Drive compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct, and business practices, and escalating, managing, and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervising the activity, appropriately assessing risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients, and assets
- Maintain an appropriate, proactive, constructive, solutions-driven relationship with the Chief Country Officer (CCO) as the independent auditor; and assist the CCO in fulfilling their governance, risk management, and internal control responsibilities.
- Assuring that the Audit Committee, the CCO, and in-country management receive timely, accurate, and complete information
- Minimum of 15 years of experience (with at least ten years in banking) with at least two years at Assistant General Manager/AVP grade level.
- Minimum of 5 years must have been in a senior position within the audit function.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Must be proactive.
- Attention to detail.
- Information resourcefulness
- Result oriented.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Customer management and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Minimum of 1st Degree / BA/BS or equivalent.
- Higher degree or related certifications (ACCA, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA, CISA, CAMS or similar) is mandatory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here: https://jobs.citi.com/job/lagos/head-of-audit-nigeria/287/21953251568
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and apply for a career opportunity, review Accessibility at Citi.
- View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
Recommended training Programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit jobs.citi.com.