- Full Time
A security force in Nigeria is looking to recruit candidates for its graduate customs superintendent.
Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) was established in 1891; the Nigeria Customs Service was tasked with revenue collection, accounting, and anti-smuggling activities.
Today, trade facilitation is a critical role that is increasingly being recognized by governments as an essential component of economic strategy, with Customs occupying a unique position as the hub of the global supply chain of products and services.
The hired candidate will be in charge of the entire purchasing process, from selecting suppliers to stock optimization and sourcing and procurement advice.
Our procurement manager will be a specialist in supply chain and logistics, focusing on implementing cost-effective acquisitions of all goods and services needed by the organization.
Finally, you will be responsible for maintaining quality control and following the company’s supply chain management rules and procedures.
- Develop strategies for purchasing equipment, services and supplies.
- Review, compare, analyze and approve products and services to be purchased.
- Maintain correct purchasing and pricing records while managing inventories.
- Control and update information about suppliers, such as qualifications, delivery times and product ranges.
- Keep positive relationships with suppliers and negotiate contracts.
- Budgeting cost assessments and reporting.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Keep track of purchases, pricing, and other pertinent information.
- Examine and compare all vendors or suppliers and supply and price possibilities.
- Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Not less than 1.7metres in height for males and 1.64metres for female
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.89metres
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for an appointment in the Service.
- Not be suffering from any physical or mental disability.
- Free from any form of financial embarrassment.
- Good character and must not be found guilty of any criminal offence.
- Must not be above 30years old
- Have a certificate of state of origin signed by Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments.
- Certificates endorsed by Liaison Officers will not be accepted.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Critical skills.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- Emotional intelligence.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Be computer literate
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- The applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree, HND or equivalent in Stores or Procurement from a recognized institution and an NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificate.
- The potential applicant will be guaranteed job security associated with working for the Federal Government and the possibility of growth as a reward for hard work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://customs.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/652038000000410305/Stores-Procurement-08-?source=CareerSite
- Candidates will be assessed and recruited (if successful) strictly based on Certificate(s) presented during the process.
- Any false declaration will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution.
- Furthermore, no case of upgrading will be entertained before or after the recruitment.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit customs.zohorecruit.com.