- Full Time
- Cairo, Egypt
A body that manages competitions offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football is looking to recruit a financial accountant.
Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, and South Africa established the Confederation of African Football (CAF) in 1957.
As the region’s administrative authority, CAF organizes competitions, provides technical and managerial training, and actively promotes and practices football.
The Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition, is organized by the Confederation.
It maintains close ties with FIFA to organize tournaments for various events, including the World Cup, Youth and Women’s games, and Olympic Football Tournaments.
- Prepare the financial report and ensure that suitable controls and accurate capture, classification, and recording of accounting data are in place.
- Ensure that the accounts are prepared following the available chart of accounts.
- Close engagement with auditors is required to audit and publish annual accounts.
- Trial balance is checked every day for accuracy and accurate classification following accounting standards.
- Ascertain that efficient and effective controls for the flowthrough of mappings into the general ledger are in place.
- Manage and adhere to IFRS and local government reporting obligations.
- Assist the Finance Director in engaging Management on quarterly financial performance reports proactively.
- Manage the organization’s VAT and other tax-related issues.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum five years of managerial experience in finance.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent team player.
- Organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- A high degree of self-motivation.
- Resilience and persistence.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good presentation skills for business reports.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to use essential accounting software.
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Professional qualification in accounting (ESAA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA) and a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in financial reporting.
- An exciting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension scheme.
15th January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the email’s subject.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt).
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org