International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The humanitarian firm is currently accepting applications for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The intern supports the Finance Assistant / Office in aspects of day-to-day operations of the accounting department in the Mubi Field office.
- Assist the finance assistant when making payments to suppliers, contractors, and program staff based on approved documents and in line with authority delineation.
- Assist the finance assistant in ensure scrutiny of the entire bill for accuracy and receipt of goods before the process for payment.
- Assist the finance officer on documentation, preparation of cash disbursement voucher for all cash transactions related to the Mubi field office.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other job-related information.
- Assist the finance Assistant on proper documentation, Stamping, Labelling, and filing of all financial documents.
- Assist the finance office in compiling support documents for audit purposes and returning them back to their original location of the audit exercise.
- Help finance unit in moving documents in the office system for approval purposes
- With the guidance of the Finance Assistant/officer Scan any Finance Document before sending it to the country office for month closing. Common duties:
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Diploma in Accounts or bachelor’s degree in accounting from recognized College / Institutions.
- Minimum of one (1) year of accounting experience including NYSC service year.
- Must be computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation,
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and open to learning new skills
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.