- Full Time
A renowned food company is searching for a driven and experienced compliance manager to ensure that all of our business procedures and transactions adhere to all applicable legal and internal norms.
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has long been a part of Nigerians’ life, both at home and abroad.
The global vision is Africa’s premier foods company, conveniently providing high-quality and cheap products through world-class brands.
Its brands include Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles consumers.
Golden Penny is the company’s flagship brand and one of Nigeria’s most popular and preferred brands among bakers, confectioneries and customers.
- To facilitate a safer environment, develop, implement, and manage programs and procedures.
- To ensure company sustainability, design and implement environmental policies and action plans.
- Train or direct employees to follow environmental issues, processes, and obligations.
- Provide advice on reducing environmental impact and supervise the implementation of impact reduction measures.
- Develop ways to fulfil goals and promote excellent practices
- Create the most effective tools and methods for tracking performance and implementing strategies
- Assess, analyze and compile data on environmental performance and information to internal staff, clients and regulatory organizations.
- Take the lead in ensuring that all goods and services are procured sustainably.
- Ensure that supplies, ingredients, and other items are sourced in an ethical or environmentally friendly way.
- Budgeting for environmental strategies
- Liaise on ecological sustainability with internal personnel, particularly top managers and directors
- Ensure effective fire prevention measures and functional fire protection equipment within the organization by serving as a champion for environmental issues.
- Maintain awareness of pertinent changes in environmental legislation and efforts, including international legislation as appropriate, and ensure compliance.
- Create instructive or informational materials for internal employees, clients, contractors, or visitors
- Communication with regulatory agencies such as NESREA and state environmental protection agencies, as well as public entities and competent bodies
- Create and evaluate waste management, renewable energy, recycling, environmental health, conservation, pollution reduction, and pollution prevention programs.
- Implement environmental policies and procedures.
- Internal and external clients and regulatory agencies are audited, analyzed, and reported on environmental performance.
- Conduct impact assessments to identify, evaluate, and mitigate the organization’s financial and ecological risks.
- Promote and raise awareness of the effects of growing ecological challenges at all company levels.
- Implement best corporate, ethical, and social responsibility practices and deal with any concerns.
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to enhance the organization’s environmental impact over time.
- Participate in ecological research and education.
- Negotiate and manage environmental service agreements and the costs and profits that come with them.
- Assume significant responsibilities in the company, write ecological reports.
- Set organizational sustainability goals devise plans to attain those goals, and monitor their implementation.
- Ascertain that appropriate fire prevention methods and fire protection equipment are in place.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years cognate experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Have the Ability to negotiate.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Result oriented.
- Good written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Possess a minimum of HND or B. Sc. in Environmental Sciences or Engineering.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Membership of professional bodies such as The Nigerian Environmental Society (NES), The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: http://www.dragnetnigeria.com/fmnplc2/vacancy/details/5766
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit www.dragnetnigeria.com.