Our client seeks to hire an English Tutor in Ikoyi. English tutors provide one-on-one or a small group lessons to students in elementary, middle or high school. They provide lessons outside a school setting and are familiar with pre-set curriculum and use that knowledge to design and implement lessons accordingly.
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Pay: 50 – 60k
Job Description of a English Tutor in Ikoyi:
- Creating grammar courses.
- Demystify the rules of concord, sentence construction and grammar.
- Organize and execute lessons.
- Develop materials and activities.
- Hands out assignments and interesting exercises.
- Detect students that needs extra attention and create customized plans.
- Grade test and homework
- Offer useful feedback for student improvement
- Research and deploy improved teaching methods
- Report to parents about their ward’s performance
- Put together lesson plans in order to effectively incorporate the allotted duration of each lesson
- Impart lessons efficiently using diverse styles of teaching subject to the content
- Help students understand the structure and rules of the English language
- Teach students how to correctly pronounce words
- .Help students learn how to think critically in poetry and literature.
Job Requirements of a English Tutor in Ikoyi:
- Must be a proficient first English language speaker
- A patient, calm, and understanding personality
- Passionate about student learning and education in general
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a teacher or tutor in a classroom, bringing this knowledge in practical terms in relating with students.
- Should be psychologically aware of the demands of the job and patient enough to follow up students who might not be fast in learning.
- Have some impressive educational qualifications to match with natural teaching skills
- Have possessed some degrees in education and in colleges of education and universities in combination with other paraprofessional courses.
- English tutors must be adept with core skills in English, Math, and other related fields
- Should be able to plan and execute lessons sequentially.
- .Should have excellent communication skills to be able to communicate with students and parents effortlessly.
- Should be able to simplify lessons to enable easy understanding.
- Should be patient enough to follow through with students who are slow in learning and lacking great retention abilities.
- Should be able to compile lessons sequentially.
- Ability to dish out lessons in engaging and meaningful manner while making it a bit fun for the students.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, to be able to make presentation if need be.
- Ability to work effectively and cordially within a team with other members. Of course this is a team consisting of the parents/guardians, tutor, and the students.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.