- Full Time
A software company is searching for engineering managers who are trustworthy and proactive, have a lot of engineering expertise and have proven leadership qualities.
Canonical is a rapidly expanding international software firm that collaborates with the open-source community to create Ubuntu, the world’s most popular cloud operating system.
Its objective is to help individuals and organizations discover the benefits of free software.
The company services help organizations worldwide cut expenses, increase efficiency and improve security.
Engineering managers can anticipate working on multiple projects simultaneously, assemble and manage diverse teams of engineers from various disciplines, develop and implement strategies, and collaborate with other managers.
Also, research and design new ideas and products, establish project budgets and monitor all project activities.
Furthermore, to be a successful engineering manager, you’ll need extraordinary foresight, excellent communication skills, working knowledge of many technical disciplines and how they interact and a knack for risk management.
Finally, hired candidates should have evidence of their supervisory and technical abilities and an understanding of the industry’s complexities.
- Propose and manage project budgets.
- Manage the work of several teams.
- Make plans and put them into action to complete projects on time.
- Design and develop new items and designs.
- Identify the need for talent development and training.
- Recruit contractors and construction crews.
- Assure that products have the backing of senior management.
- Provide engineering teams with clear and precise directions.
- The potential candidate should have previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good time-management skills.
- Have a strong desire for learning and growth.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with CI or CD Platforms (Azure DevOps) is a Plus.
- Proficient with at least one GCP, AWS & Microsoft Azure (preferably Azure & AWS).
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Datadog and Sentry.
- Ability to use Technologies like Ansible, Terraform.
- Have experience with Kubernetes orchestration and management
- Working knowledge of monitoring and event management tool Implementations.
- Basic system administration and Linux skills.
- Possess a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers.
- We deeply value and encourage everyone to come to be a part of the world of Ubuntu.
Recommended training Programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.