- Full Time
An investment company is looking to recruit for the position of compliance officer.
Norrenberger is a renowned, independent financial services firm that offers individualized financial solutions to individual and institutional clients.
Its component companies are licensed and regulated to provide Investment Banking, Fund Management, Financial Advisory, and Stockbroking services to its discerning clientele by either the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Abuja (FCT) & Lagos
- Make a plan for annual compliance and put it into action.
- Keep track of how clients complaint is solved.
- Conduct ongoing compliance risk assessments of firm processes.
- Build internal policies, procedures and serve as a liaison with all regulatory organizations.
- Comply with regulators’ regulations and standards, create and review a compliance manual.
- Keep the Company up to date on any regulatory changes or industry best practices, and assess the impact on current operations.
- Oversee the organization’s compliance culture improvement.
- Respond to regulatory investigations, findings, and inadequacies by coordinating with industry regulators and other agencies.
- Execute compliance evaluations and compliance monitoring tasks.
- Assist relevant units in meeting applicable statutory, regulatory and supervisory obligations.
- Take part in Business Process Re-engineering exercises to ensure that controls are in place.
- Review and ensure compliance with all relevant statutory laws and regulations that apply to the Company.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the Capital Market.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking.
- Negotiation skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Basic understanding of the Nigerian Capital Market.
- Technical proficiency in the development and implementation of the compliance programme.
- Ability to engage with regulators and law enforcement agents.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and direction in financial services control and compliance, particularly in the Capital Markets.
- B.Sc in Accounting / Business Administration or any other discipline.
- Professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACCA, CIS.
9th October 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the email’s subject.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org