- Full Time
A financial institution is looking for a driven and experienced compliance officer to ensure that our business procedures and transactions adhere to all applicable legal and internal norms.
Sparkle Nigeria is a bank and so much more. We are a digital bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
Nigerians worldwide benefit from our financial, lifestyle and business support services.
The hired candidate will review employee work, create firm policies, and respond to policy violations.
The ideal candidate will be professional, analytical, and able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
To succeed in this position, you should be well-versed in risk management and the principles that govern our sector.
- Across Sparkle, there is still a favourable, proactive attitude toward regulation and law.
- Sparkle’s compliance rules and procedures are written and maintained by you.
- Maintain awareness of new and applicable regulations and ensure that internal activities are compliant.
- Identify, assess, update, and minimize the regulatory compliance risks posed to Sparkle in collaboration with the Sparkle team.
- Collaborate with key team members to identify and execute new systems, procedures, and activities to improve Sparkle’s compliance.
- Ensure that management reporting and compliance issues are communicated to key internal and external stakeholders as soon as possible.
- Create and administer effective regulatory training programs for the company.
- Assist the Products team in meeting all regulatory standards for the Sparkle platform.
- Determine the customer take-on and AML compliance identification and verification standards.
- Manage the internal and external reporting of questionable activities.
- Keep in touch with all necessary personnel to ensure that they know their responsibilities.
- Report suspicious activities to the appropriate internal and external authorities.
- Keep track of regulatory filings.
- At least 5+ years of experience in senior compliance roles within a regulated financial services firm.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- You are a strategic thinker and self-starter.
- Critical thinking.
- Negotiation skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian banking and payments regulatory environment, including control assessment procedures.
- Best practices in financial services regulation, fraud detection methodologies, and emerging practices in financial crime and money laundering typologies.
- You understand payment systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://www.sparkle.ng/sparkle-jobs/description/115/
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit www.sparkle.ng.