- Full Time
- Ikeja, Lagos
A technology company is looking to recruit for the position of backend developer.
Softcom was founded in 2007 with the goal of “connecting people and businesses via meaningful innovation.”
A technological company seeks to solve problems by connecting people and businesses to help achieve inclusion and growth.
The potential candidate will be responsible for developing, creating, and managing platform services as a Backend Developer.
Furthermore, the hired developer will be working with the product and design teams to enable new features and capabilities for our customers.
Finally, you will help lead technical decisions around constructing highly available and dependable services.
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- Identify and implement new features in collaboration with developers, designers and other stakeholders.
- Keep our Nodejs and Golang systems up to date.
- Develop internal tools and documentation.
- Integrate user-facing aspects with server-side logic in collaboration with front-end developers.
- Create and maintain current APIs that work with server backends.
- Promote engineering best practices and assist in the development of the team’s technical roadmap.
- Focus on providing fault-tolerant solutions that allow for rapid development without compromising our customers’ experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Result oriented.
- Persuasive skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Good knowledge of the following:
- Nodejs or Golang – Primary backend languages
- MongoDB, Redis – Data persistence
- RabbitMQ or Nats – Message broker
- Bitbucket – Source code management
- Sentry – Log management
- Postman, cypress – Testing tools
- Experience in implementing, providing architectural feedback and delivery of complex software solutions.
- Experience and a desire to perform and grow as a technical leader and engineer
- Demonstrated ability and desire to mentor other engineers
- Experience with AWS and container solutions.
- Knowledge in security or cryptography
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://apply.workable.com/softcomcareers/j/DBCACB6D59/
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.