- Full Time
Lagoon Hospitals needs an Anaesthetic Technician.
In Nigeria, Lagoon Hospitals has continually provided international-standard treatment.
The Hospital was founded in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute and starting operations in 1986 as a supplier of integrated healthcare services, is now Nigeria’s largest private healthcare services group, with six hospitals.
The Joint Commission International has accredited Lagoon Hospitals as the only Nigerian hospital group and only two in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Hospitals were accredited for the first time in 2011 and were re-accredited in 2015, 2018, and 2021.
The Hospital is looking to recruit for the position of Anaesthetic Technician.
- Ensure the safe operation of anaesthetic and ancillary equipment in the operating room and maintain a high patient care standard.
- Prepare anaesthesia rooms according to each theatre’s stocking list and ensuring that all rooms and equipment trolleys are stocked.
- Clean, disinfect, and sterilize anaesthetic machines, intravenous medication, and associated equipment.
- Provide professional, clinical, and technological assistance to the anaesthetist.
- Transfer patients to the operating room and post-operative care units.
- Receiving patients from the theatre, verifying full names and hospital numbers with wristbands and ensuring necessary operating consent follows the operation list.
- Safely assist with patient placement.
- Outside of the operating room, assist in other units such as the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Department, CT Scanning Suite, MRI Unit, or other hospital areas as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years post qualification experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic Life Support skills
- I-CARE attitude such as integrity, compassion, attentiveness, respect, excellence and empathy.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Computer literacy.
- The candidate should have the ability to report the incidence and adequately document them.
- Use of SOPS and adherence to quality standards
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certificate of Training as Anesthetic Technician
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLHn12YRtG4BwHleMWfps3bYA9CzrvVCyIoWIxC0ZWCpHvLQ/viewform
Recommended training programme
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.