- Full Time
A food and beverage company is looking to recruit an agricultural service officer.
Nestle Nigeria Plc is dedicated to improving people’s lives everywhere as Nigeria’s leading nutrition, health, and wellness company.
In reality, improving lives will impact everything we do together.
There are several worldwide benefits with factories in more than 80 research centres and 130 countries.
We believe in long-term professional growth and recognize the importance of challenges and motivation in helping you achieve your goals.
Nestle Nigeria Plc adheres to the principles of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunities in its recruitment practices.
- Manage the production of milk, including chilling and shipping.
- Keep chilling facilities and agricultural cooling tanks in proper working order.
- Develop and sustain positive public relations with farmers, dairy development project partners, milk collection agents, veterinary officials, food production coordinators/operators/technicians.
- Ensure that farmers receive appropriate payments by reconciling transaction variances and overpayments.
- Inventory management entails keeping a steady supply of materials on hand.
- Quality Control – Ensuring that good quality control processes are followed, following food safety and contamination protocols, conducting surveys as needed, and engaging in appropriate internal audits.
- Monitor field operations and resolve complaints from field workers and farmers.
- Assist with agent selection and the creation of new villages.
- Educate farmers on dairy husbandry and other agricultural methods.
- Possess a minimum of 0 – 1 year similar working experience.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and resolve conflicts.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Proactiveness and innovation.
- Good organizational or planning skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Basic knowledge of animal husbandry, animal disease management and treatment to sick animals, fodder crop production, silage making and cattle feed rationing.
- Good understanding of audit processes and the applicable Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Book-keeping and inventory tracking/management ability.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Agricultural Sciences / Agriculture Business Management, Veterinary Sciences, Animal Husbandry or Food Sciences.
- A Master’s degree in any of the above would be an advantage.
28th December 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://jobdetails.nestle.com/job/Abuja-9999/753079401/?feedId=256801&utm_source=NestleCareers
- We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay submitting your application.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit jobdetails.nestle.com.