- Full Time
- Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
A pan-African development is searching for a highly organized administrative officer to handle all of the executive and clerical tasks that run a business.
AfDB (African Development Bank Group) – The African Development Bank, founded in 1964, is the continent’s leading development agency, fostering economic growth and social improvement.
There are 80 members, 54 from Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda focuses on providing financial and technical assistance to transformative projects that would considerably reduce poverty by fostering inclusive and long-term economic growth.
The Administrative Officer’s duties include greeting visitors and clients, supervising office cleaning and maintenance vendors, and typing and editing various company documents.
The admin officer should also arrange company executives’ flights, transportation, and lodging.
Also, the applicant should have good phone etiquette and complete awareness of office administration procedures to be effective as an Administrative Officer.
Finally, a high-performing administrative officer should display superior organizational and time management skills to finish all tasks on time.
Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
- Collaborate with the SNFI department’s front office and divisions to acquire information regarding annual work programs and draft the Department’s administrative budget accordingly.
- Liaise with the operations complexes budget focal point and SNVP Budget Coordinators to ensure availability of resources for providing adequate fiduciary support during preparation and appraisal missions, including country strategy papers, based on the work programs of the operations-related divisions.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as drafting organizational and budget forms and processing requests in SAP.
- Continuously communicate with the SNVP Budget Coordinator to anticipate budget concerns; identify and initiate steps to mobilize additional resources while adhering to efficiency requirements.
- Work with the Division Managers to ensure that the SNFI Work Program is adequately programmed and implemented on schedule.
- Provide administrative help to PL and GS employees in logistical arrangements for planning activities, including support for the recruitment of consultants and the preparation and implementation of training activities following budget provisions.
- Provide timely advice to management to ensure departmental maximization resource allocation.
- Based on the processing schedule, provide regular reports on the work program and budget utilization levels.
- Prepare annual activity reports, monthly KPIs reports, monthly budget implementation reports, and ad hoc reports that are instructive.
- Assist staff in making logistical plans for training sessions while maintaining budgetary compliance.
- If necessary, take part in Bank missions.
- Manage the P-Card that has been assigned to the SNFI department.
- Oversee the recruitment and utilization of consultants and the payment of fees for services.
- Ensure proper STS contract administration, supervise the recruitment of short-term workers and other related administrative tasks.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Department’s management.
- The hired candidate should have at least four (4) years of relevant experience in the fields of expertise concerned.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Result oriented.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Time management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of the international development institutions’ budget management policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s procurement rules and procedures for the recruitment of consultants, disbursement procedures, financial management guidelines.
- Solid background in the budget process and financial reporting. Experience in international organizations will be an asset.
- Proficiency in both languages of the Bank (English and French) is an asset.
- Competence with standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), preferably combined with SAP operations knowledge and experience.
- Possess at least a Master’s Degree in Business Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, Office management, or any other related discipline combined with relevant experience.
22nd January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://www.afdb.org/en/vacancy/planning-and-administrative-officer-48240
- This Position is classified as International Status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a detailed description of the issue and a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit www.afdb.org.