- Full Time
An online bank is looking for a dependable accountant who can work quickly without losing precision.
Carbon is a pan-African digital bank to serve its consumers with frictionless financial services.
It claims to play a vital role in its clients’ lives, no matter where they are, and with various solutions.
Despite raising only $10 million in equity in 2015, we have disbursed over $100 million in loans and generated more than $30 million in revenue in the last two years.
The company operates in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, with a talented team based in Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto, allowing us to operate remotely.
The potential candidate can anticipate working with enormous amounts of numerical data.
The hired Accountant must multi-task to accomplish many jobs on time and offer management visible and complete reports.
Also, you should be well-versed in accounting, financial procedures and regulations.
To be successful and have excellent computer, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Assist in the finance department’s day-to-day operations and charge of portfolio analysis, financial record keeping and reporting.
- Provide the organization with comprehensive financial services, address any financial difficulties.
This position reports to the Finance Director.
- Comply with all company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations.
- Compile, analyze, and report financial data.
- Create periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements.
- Present data to managers, investors, and other entities.
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Perform audits and resolve discrepancies.
- Computing taxes.
- Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Assisting management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
- Minimum of 3 years of financial experience.
- Extensive Financial Modelling skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of working.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Result oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Superb spoken and written communication.
- Good analytical and financial abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle accounting/book-keeping and reconciliation functions.
- Proficient in the use of significant Accounting and analysis software and spreadsheets.
- Business or Finance-related Degree from a top-tier university or college.
- Professional certification – ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA.
- A tremendous and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://carbon.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=118&source=other
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment) / Technical interview
- Interview with the MD.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit carbon.bamboohr.com.