A supermarket is looking to recruit an Accountant in Palmgroove Lagos to document all financial transactions of her outlet, keeping track of the inventory, cash flow and income statements.
Location: Mainland Lagos
Pay: 70k – 90k
Job Responsibilities of an Accountant in Palmgroove Lagos:
- Adhering to all business, local, state, and federal accounting and financial principles.
- Documenting and analyzing financial data.
- Making and keeping frequent and valid financial reports and records.
- Delivering data to managers, investors, and other entities.
- Preparing audits and rectifying disparities.
- Computing taxes.
- Providing information about current financial and accounting legislation.
- Working with management in the decision-making strategies of drafting budgets and financial predictions.
- Collecting and analyzing data which is then used to in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates for the brand.
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts.
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy.
- Keeping account books and systems up to date.
- Evaluating financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Provide financial support including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from the budget.
- Generate monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a similar field.
- Related experience or certifications is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, computer and analytical skills.
- Skilled in accounting and financial procedures.
- Good moral conduct.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable way.
- Excellent time and management skills.
- Enhanced numerical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to pay strong attention to detail in order to keep the information accurate and organized.
- Understanding of the basic functions of a business to accurately analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to use advanced accounting software and other computer-based tools to work effectively.
- Collecting and analyzing financial data to identify patterns and potential issues.
- .Good knowledge of maths and calculations.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.