An international technology is searching for a creative, motivated intern interested in learning about our firm while aiding soft engineering departments.
Microsoft Corporation is a multinational technology corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, United States.
Computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services are developed, manufactured, licensed, supported, and sold.
The Microsoft Windows operating system, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers are among the company’s most well-known software products.
Our mission and principles at Microsoft are to help people and businesses worldwide achieve their most significant potential.
Employment Type: Internship
Start Date: Summer 2022
Duration: 3 months
- Use sound and innovative engineering to address complicated challenges using engineering concepts.
- Quickly picks up new technical techniques and applies them to their work.
- They solicit feedback and adopt internal or industry best practices to improve their technological solutions.
- The hired candidate will demonstrate time management and software project completion skills in a collaborative team environment.
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
- For these roles, we can only consider individuals studying at universities in Nigeria.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Leadership skills.
- Result oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- A strong belief in equity and a desire to reduce structural inequality.
- Git: Professional experience with version control
- SQL: Experience building data models and writing complex SQL queries.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Experience building/maintaining web apps in production and testing front and backend code and TDD.
- Knowledge in developing algorithms
- Experience working in microservices or breaking up a monolithic API into microservices.
- Experience working with large datasets and can manipulate them to achieve business needs.
- Knowledge in other programming languages such as Golang, C#.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- We focus on individuals planning to conclude studying (having final graduation) in 2023.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/1216442/Software-engineering-Internship-opportunities-Lagos-Start-date-Summer-2022
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.