A renowned software company is looking to recruit candidates for its graduate programme.
Microsoft Corporation is a multinational technology corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, United States.
Computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services are developed, manufactured, licensed, supported, and sold.
Our mission and principles at Microsoft help people and businesses worldwide achieve their most significant potential.
- Work with designers, product managers, QA engineers and other developers in a highly collaborative agile environment.
- Build our products out further by improving the performance of our codebase and handling scaling issues to accommodate user growth, as well as writing rigorous and thorough tests to ensure code stability.
- Uses sound and innovative engineering to address complicated challenges using engineering concepts.
- Quickly picks up new technical techniques and applies them to their work.
- They solicit feedback and adopt internal or industry best practices to improve their technological solutions.
- Create new products and features to match business needs while maintaining our current product and keeping technical debt minimum.
- Digest and distil technical problems and propose and execute creative technical solutions.
- Review code, identify technical priorities, and system design trade-offs.
- Build for scale, availability, performance, and security across the stack.
- A year or two of programming experience in an object-oriented language such as C, C#, C++, Java, Python.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Leadership skills.
- Result oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- A strong belief in equity and a desire to reduce structural inequality.
- Git: Professional experience with version control
- SQL: Experience building data models and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience building/maintaining web apps in production and testing front and backend code and TDD.
- Knowledge in developing algorithms
- Experience working in microservices or breaking up a monolithic API into microservices.
- Experience working with large datasets and can manipulate them to achieve business needs
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Recommended training Programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.