- Full Time
A financial institution is looking to recruit candidates for its financial markets internship programme.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is a renowned worldwide bank dedicated to assisting individuals and businesses in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East succeed.
To us, excellent performance entails much more than just making money.
It’s about demonstrating how you exemplify our brand promise, Here for Good, as well as our valued behaviours – do the right thing, work better together, and never settle.
It is dedicated to encouraging workplace equality and cultivating an inclusive and flexible culture where everyone may reach their full potential and contribute positively to our company.
As a result, we can support our diverse client base better.
About the Financial Markets
- Our Financial Markets business unit is distinguished by our global reach and detailed knowledge of the local markets in which we operate and our diverse capabilities.
- We provide unique solutions and trustworthy partnerships to our clients for risk management, financing, and investment needs.
- Trading foreign exchange, rates, credit and commodity products, and arranging debt issuance are among our core competencies complemented by our award-winning Research Team and eCommerce capabilities offered by our dedicated Sales Teams.
Detail of the Programme
- Our 10-week Global Internship Programme allows you to work directly on real-world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths.
- The programme is intended to create a pipeline to our International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles.
What You’ll Experience
- A 10-week structured Internship programme that typically takes place April – August
- A country induction, a formal welcome to the Bank, and getting to know your peers.
- On-the-job learning
- Be paired with a ‘buddy’ from the International Graduate Programme to set you up for success and provide insights into the International Graduate programme, fondly known as the IG Programme.
Can I Get onto a Graduate role from the Internship Programme?
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement on our International Graduate Programme
- For Financial Markets, there’s an opportunity to be considered for other full-time entry-level roles as well.
We Have Opportunities in:
- CCIB Client Coverage
- Financial Markets
- Digital Channels and Data Analytics
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
- SC Ventures.
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Global Internship Programme, you must:
- Be in your penultimate (second to last) year of study of your Bachelor or Post-graduate Degree.
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to for the entire duration of the internship.
- The Bank does not sponsor work permits for Internships.
- For the UAE, we accept applications from Arab Nationals requiring visa sponsorship, but priority will be given to country nationals.
- We will consider students in their sophomore or junior year for our summer internship program for the US.
- If you’re required to complete mandatory National or Military service after graduation, we will accept applications from final year students.
- All Interns participating in the Global Internship Programme will be evaluated during the 10th week of their internship.
- Evaluations will be used in our final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles to offer before the internship is completed.
11:59 PM: 30th April 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply: https://scb.taleo.net/careersection/scec/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100035832&lang=en
Recommended training programmes:
Get trained before you apply for this job. Register for the following courses to qualify for this job vacancy:
Soft Skills Training
Ways to answer interview questions
Join our telegram group using the link
To apply for this job please visit scb.taleo.net.